Friday, January 28, 2011

project 365 - day 28

thankful for echo memories

today it is very hard to find something i am thankful for. i just miss my sweet dog. and no offense to anyone out there, but i have just about decided the month of january sucks...at least for us.

i got up this morning and when i walked into the kitchen and echo's food and water bowls weren't there, i started crying. that dog really secured a special place in my heart. tonight after dinner i wondered who i would give my pizza crusts to because she wasn't here at my feet begging for them. and trust me tonight, she would have loved it...my plate flipped off my lap and 2 pieces landed on the floor. she would have eaten them in 2 seconds flat.

before we went to bed last night i started crying telling ken i wished we had just brought her home to die and i thought we made a mistake by putting her down. i was emotional. i know it was better that she go in peace but i was just having a hard time letting go.

yesterday the vet told me she was sorry because she knew echo was like a child to us...yep, she was our first.

today i am thankful for the memories of sweet echo.

i leave you with a cute video of kennedy (6 mos) eating sweet potatoes for the first time and echo supervising.



video

No comments: