Monday, January 24, 2011

project 365 - day 24

thankful for hearing

well, i have to let you in on a little secret...i might be the world's worst mom.

last night my husband woke up with my daughter coughing 8 times and i woke up with her 3. i thought she only woke up 3 times the whole night until my husband told me he was "up with her all night." what??

i did not hear my child the 8 other times. truly i wasn't faking it so he'd get up...i just didn't hear!

so today i am thankful for a husband who can hear, because obviously i cannot.

i'm praying my nighttime hearing gets restored tonight because i am usually johnny-on-the-spot with hearing her and getting right up. for goodness sakes, the monitor is right next to my head! in my defense i had 2 glasses of alamos malbec wine before i went to bed and i was having some crazy, crazy dreams. apparently they were too good to let go of.

p.s. this is the second time that i've had crazy dreams after having a glass or two of alamos malbec. anyone else?

No comments: