Thursday, June 4, 2009

heading home...my psalm 13

previously i have posted psalm 13 on my blog some time after matthew died. at that time, i could not speak (the words highlighted in yellow) to God. but now....i can.

psalm 13

how long, o Lord? will you forget me forever?
how long will you hide your face from me?
how long must i wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
how long will my enemy triumph over me?
look on me and answer, o Lord my God.
give light to my eyes, or i will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "i have overcome her,"
and my foes will rejoice when i fall.

but i trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
i will sing to the Lord,
for He has been good to me.


my version of psalm 13

give me an answer Lord
tell me we can leave.
have you decided to hide from us forever

and leave us abandoned on this island?
why must we stay here longer?


how long, o Lord...
will you keep us here in greece?
have you forgotten how painful this place is for us now?
i am weary from wrestling with you.
i am so heartbroken i want to give up.
my enemy is literally about to consume me
i am one step from falling off the edge.

but today you gave me hope
you delivered our orders to d.c.
i trust that you still love me!
and i rejoice i will be on american soil
by the end of the month.
hallelujah, praise you God
for you ARE good to me.
you have shown me you still love me.
and i will sing...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(until my neighbors tell me to shut up!)

on monday we thought only i would be returning to d.c. in early july.
i was not 100% okay with going back without the love of my life.
but today my God performed a miracle.

ken, echo and i will be returning stateside at the end of june.

i want to tell you all of the details but i will sleep on it and gain fresh perspective on how do so.


there is so much to tell you...


we are coming home!


target, here i come! but i better do so without my wallet. or i might give ken a heart attack on how much i want (not need) to spend :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cort, email me!!!! We would love to have you over. You and Ken both (along with Echo, of course) have a place to stay here and I'm so happy your prayers (and the many prayers of others on your behalf) have been answered. We can't wait to see you!

Love, Debi

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I'm so relieved for you guys that you can move on to a new place, a new start.
Love,
Cathy Heyres

laurabowser said...

yea! echo will love around at our house (when we get there) see you soon my dear friend.
much love
xoxo
larua

Anonymous said...

Cort, we are so happy for both of you! Keep us updated on the move-

Sandra Neish said...

Honey, we all love the tar-jay! Even Charlotte calls it the tar-jay. We pass it in the car and she goes "stop. tar-jay. want it. buy it." See you the Tar-jay in DC sometime this year. Enjoy the flight home, girl.

julie said...

I can't believe it! I am so happy for ya'll!

Amy Anderson said...

Wonderful news!! Continue to pray for you and Ken-

Amy