Saturday, May 9, 2009

happy mother's day

i just wanted to wish my mom, stepmom, mothers-in-law, and all of my family and friends who are mothers a very special day tomorrow.

let me guess...you don't quite know what to say to me or what to think about this post?

let me make it easier...

i know i'm a mom too. there are several of us out there who are mommies to angels in heaven. we will not have the ability to snuggle with our babies tomorrow, asking for kisses, and hearing our children tell us audibly they love us and "happy mother's day, mommy!"

but i do have the ability to envision my angel in a place so magnificent i cannot comprehend. matthew phillip is in heaven with our Father and it is a much, much better place. much better than what i can give him here on earth. he's smiling, laughing, and loving. and in my dreams he's telling me he loves me and he can't wait to see me. he also says "happy mother's day, mommy!"

how can i look at mother's day like this?

it's the only way i can look at it...

or i might not get through tomorrow...

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Thinking of you!

Seraphim said...

I don't know what to say to you but I am in awe of your capacity to love and to have faith. I am so sorry this happened to you. I co-founded "Whispered support" with Carly who runs "To write their Names in the Sand." Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can support you in any way. Thinking of you today xxxx

julie said...

I am praying for you today!

Dianebob said...

Happy Mother's Day Courtney

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day. I found you on Stacy's blog.
God bless you on such a hard day.
Love,
Stephanie from TN
(also a follower of Jesus and constantly looking for His return)

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day to you , my dear friend! i find strength in your faith. i can't wait to see you this summer.
xoxo
laura (and my peeps)

Candice+Douglas said...

Hey Cort, Doug and I are thinking and praying for you guys. We love and miss you both. Your faith is so strong and God is with you!! Have a graet week and enjoy your time with Judy, as she is so excited to see you!! ;-) Love you both!!! Candice and Doug

Whitney said...

I've just found your blog through Stacy's blog. I'm so touched by your story. My husband and I lost our son Isaac on March 6. He was also due March 30.

My heart aches for you and your husband.

Whitney