Monday, January 12, 2009

In Memory...Matthew Phillip Schwalbe

Our precious angel, Matthew Phillip Schwalbe was born at 28 weeks on Tuesday, January 6. He went home to Jesus on Sunday, January 11. Matthew developed an infection which led to his untimely death. Even though we may never know for sure, this could have also caused his early delivery. We are confident he received the best medical care possible.

We are in the process of bringing him to the states for a small funeral service in Austin sometime next week. We trust the Lord is holding us in his loving embrace. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers for our family during this time.

Love,
Ken & Cortney

Isaiah 25:8-9
(8) He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces...(9) In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Cortney ~ our prayers are with you and Ken. I truly am sorry for your loss of Baby Matthew. Much love - Jenni & Andy

Anonymous said...

Dear Kenneth and Cortney,
I am so sorry for your loss. I want to thank you for sharing your pregnancy with us. Thank you for letting us know you were having a boy. Matthew Phillip was so loved and wanted. I send you my love, prayers, and hugs. Mom

Joy said...

We are praying and grieving and wishing we could be close by to give you support. What a precious little boy that will be so missed!
Lots of love and prayers,
Joy, Dude & kids

Candice+Douglas said...

I can't express Dougs and my soror for the loss of not only yours and kens first baby but our first nephew. I know that he is with God and may God be with y'all during this time. Please know that we are here if you guys need anything at all. Please be strong. We love y'all!!! Candice and Doug

headhuntersinc said...

Cortney & Ken,

Jim and want to express our deepest sorrow to you both for the loss of Matthew. My God give you strength and comfort during this time. God Bless You Always.
Jim & Carol Boyd

Mountains, snow and sweet little toes said...

Please know that we have been praying for you and your family. We are truly sorry for your loss and pray for God's healing and peace over time.
Much love and prayers,
Rob & Christa Anderson

Raymond said...

Ken and Cortney,

There are no words. We are so sorry for the loss of your precious child. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ray and Lynne Schenk

Vanessa said...

Dear Ken & Cortney, I sit here soaking in tears because it's the coming of that "time of year again" and just happen to type Phillip's name in the computer. What a shock I was in for. I am truly very sorry to here about your son Matthew-he is truly beautiful. You can bet that his Uncle Phillip is taking care of him in heaven. Ken, I have wandered over the years what you have been up to-you have obviously made many proud. What a beautiful wife and child. I will be praying for you, Cortney, and the little one on the way. Please contact me my email address is agrwnluv@westriv.co

God Bless All of You,

Vanessa Senn-FKA Vanessa Schwalbe

Vanessa said...

Ken I typed my email adress in wrong-its as follow:
agrwnluv@westriv.com sorry

Vanessa