Tuesday, November 18, 2008

no gain from back pain

whoooahhhhhhh....after 13 weeks i was celebrating. morning sickness had ceased!! i had energy at a level i forgot i ever had. no need for naps. i was feeling GREAT! then, enter 18 weeks. back pain galore. particularly on my right side. it didn't take me long to be introduced to sciatica nerve problems as well. i gave my husband a night job as a back rubber. while i was in the states i stocked up on a bunch of therma care heat pads and use one almost every night. and on really bad days, a little red wine goes a long way. i started going back to my yoga class 3 weeks ago and i think that's helping...a little.

yesterday my sweet hubby bought me a pregnancy massage and was on cloud 9. my friend joni told me to get a tennis ball and move up and down against the wall. does anyone else have any suggestions?? or is it like our friend carl put it, "it will go away...just give it another 4 months!!" YIKES!!!!

2 comments:

Dibi said...

Hey, Cort!

Back pain is just one of the many badges of motherhood. Massage is one of the best ways to help relieve it -- kuddos to Ken for your pregnancy massage! One of the things that I LOVED during each of my pregnancies was foot massages. Somehow, getting my feet massaged also helped with my back aches. Give it a try!

Love you all!
~ Dibi

Marianne B Dean said...

Hey friend! I have had terrible sciatic nerve pain as well with this pregnancy! It was so bad at one point that there were like 5 days in a row I couldn't fall asleep till 3 or 4 a.m. when I was literally so exhausted that even excrutiating, sharp pain couldn't keep me awake. I found the only thing that works for me is HEAT. I have a heating pad I use literally every night. I usually have to keep it on for an hour or so, and then the pain will subside and I can turn it off and fall asleep. Yup, not much fun. So, for me at least, heat has been the way to go!