Monday, October 29, 2007

the plant conspiracy

all the plants that come into my ownership have a conspiracy against me...i'm sure of it!!

i am the epitome of a "black thumb" when it comes to gardening and owning plants. once one comes to my house, it's dead plant walking. the only plant i own (because the mint plant already died) is close to death - note the yellow leaves. and it's not like i don't water them or put them in the shade or sun depending on what they require. i guess some of us are just not meant to be plant people.

it's such a bummer too...i need to grow herbs like cilantro because i can't get it here in greece. can anyone suggest an easy plant i could take on to overcome my black thumb??


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's next impossible to kill an ivy plant, if you can find one in Greece. CM

Mom said...

How about a philodendron. Remember the one in the chicken pot? A gift for getting involved in the mayor's race upon arrival in TX. It has survived kids knocking it over, pets chewing it let in the house by guess who, 5 moves and oh yeah your black thumb mom (must be an inherited trait) left it in the sun upon arrival in AR (a no no for this plant). It is like the everyready bunny that just keeps on going in 25 year old dirt with no fertilizer!!

Laura Willard said...

Well if you want herbs I'd say rosemary. Even I can't kill it. As I aso have a very black thumb. Sadly, I don't think there's any hope for you (or me) and cilantro!