Monday, July 16, 2007

how is it possible i'm 31??!??!?!?!?

well today is my birthday. 31!!! how the heck did i get this old?? now i'm no longer 30 -- i'm in my thirties!! :( yikes! thank you to everyone who called and sent an email wishing me a happy birthday. it meant so much to hear your voice! i almost forgot it was my birthday because we had my party on the 4th almost 2 weeks ago. my friend sarah asked me if i was going to go ahead and just change my actual b-day to the 4th and i'm thinking about it. it's my favorite holiday and the last few years i've celebrated my b-day sometime during the 4th celebration.

my sweet husband got me texas tech washers (and of course with it he added the texas longhorns washers), and a beautiful white gold and diamond cross. i tried to take a picture of it but it didn't turn out. you can kind of see it it the below picture. ken took me to the bat restaurant (not sure the name of it in greek but it has a bat logo) and it was YUMMY! easily my new favorite upscale restaurant here in crete.
also, we tried to be good animal citizens and help some folks out from church who needed to find a home for their cat. (i say we, but since most of you know i'm not a cat person, i will rephrase and say ken.) ken thought echo needed a companion so she's not lonely when we're not home. (not like it's all the time.) so ming, the siamese cat, came to live with us for a trial run last night. after almost a whole night of not sleeping because echo was barking and crying at it, and a half day of the same thing plus a few good swats that ming laid on echo, we've decided it's not going to work out. plus, i'm not really a cat person, to put it mildly. sorry to all the cat lovers out there! here's ming before she pounced on echo...

3 comments:

Claire said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't call you today cause the girls I watch were a little out of control. But I was thinking about you, and now it's too late. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
-Claire

Joy said...

Happy Birthday!

JandPSchmidt said...

Hi Cortney,
Greetings from Pensacola, Fl. We didn't know your birthday was on July 16th. Uncle Jerry and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on the 16th. It sounds like you guys are enjoying your stay in Greece. You will have many memories to share with your children one day. Take care.
Love,
Aunt Pam